Head and neck cancer is another variety of malignant tumors that take birth in the head and neck region, which comprises of the nasal and oral cavity, larynx, pharynx, paranasal sinuses, thyroid and salivary glands. This is considered as the fifth most common cancer internationally.
Cancers which are known together as head and neck cancers more frequently commence in the squamous cells which line the mucosal, soggy surfaces in the head and neck. Such squamous cell tumors are often recognized as squamous cell carcinomas of the head and neck.
The most common symptoms of head and neck cancer
The symptoms of head and neck cancer are mentioned below.
- Loosening of teeth
- Inflammation or sore
- Unbearable Pain or difficulty in swallowing, chewing, or moving the tongue or jaws
- Double vision
- Inexplicable weight loss
- White or red patches in the mouth
- Jaw pain and ear pain
- Gruffness or a remarkable change in voice
- Difficulty in breathing
- Blood in the phlegm
- Constant sore throat
- Recurrent nose bleeding and odd nasal discharge
- Stinking mouth odour
- Nasal hindrance or constant nasal congestion
- Deadness or weakness of a body region in the head and neck area
- Bump, Lump, or mass in the neck or head region, with or without any unbearable pain
There are various methods for treatment are undertaken to treat head and neck cancer in India. Some of them are mentioned here.
During the process of surgery, the main objective is to take away the malignant tumor and a quantity of the well cell around it, known as margin. There are various kind of surgery for head and neck cancer available in the medical science.
- Excision- This is basically a surgery for removing the malignant tumor and a margin of healthy cell adjacent to it.
- Laser technology- This can be utilized for treating an early-phase tumor, especially for larynx cancer.
- Dissection of Lymph node – If the expert suspects that the malignant cancer has already spread, the expert can go for removing lymph nodes from the neck. This can be accomplished simultaneously as an excision.
- Reconstructive (plastic) surgery- This kind of surgery basically restores an individual’s function and the appearance of the affected region. If the operation needs chief tissue removal, like removing the skin, jaw, tongue or pharynx plastic or reconstructive surgery can be done for replacing the missing tissue.
- Radiation Theraphy
Chemotherapy is the medicine that fights with cancerous cells. Nowadays, with the technology advancement, chemotherapy comes in drugs, where as some others are delivered by intravenous drip into the patient’s blood stream. However, in certain chemotherapy procedures it is directly induced into the patient vein through an injection.
Radiation therapy is given with Chemotherapy, when a patient is not fit to undergo with the surgery process. Moreover, CHART (Continuous hyper fractioned accelerated radiotherapy) is the re-defined version of this Radiation therapy in which high dose of radiations is given for a span of time, with the aim to destroy the unwanted cancer cells.
Persons who consume tobacco, alcohol should go for a common screening examination once a year. This is basically a clear-cut, quick procedure in which the general physician looks in the mouth, nose and throat for irregularities and tries to find for lumps in the neckline. If something strange is predicted by the test then the doctor will recommend further assessment.
Many latest technologies have been invented to treat head and neck cancer successfully. Some of the latest technologies are chemotherapy, radiation therapy, laser treatment etc. Many effective drugs have also been invented.
Timely check up
If someone is going through the common painful symptoms of head and neck cancers then he or she must be very conscious. He or she must go to a doctor for detecting the main reasons for their sufferings. Such symptoms should not be ignored. One must go for exact diagnosis.
So, suitable care and accurate treatment should be undertaken. Latest technologies can give assurance of partial cure. If the cancer is found at a very early stage then entire recovery can be very probable. Latest technologies are saving the life of some people. Daily check up is recommended. The patients should take medicines or therapies on regular basis.
Cost of Head and Neck Cancer Treatment
The above Package Cost is a tentative Approximate Package Estimate, which includes initial investigations & specialists screening, stay in a Private Room wherein patient’s assistant or relative can also stay with patient, doctor / surgeon fee, nursing care, medicines & consumables, Airport Pick-Up & Drop.
In order to access, exact estimate of treatment package cost, do email us at email ID: email@example.com all your medical reports.
On receiving your medical reports, we will revert to you within 24 Hours with right estimate package after getting your medical reports examined by best team of doctors at best hospitals in India. We will also assist you in traveling part, which includes, airfare booking, medical visa invitation, airport pick-up and drop, hotel stay & visit for any sightseeing. With our 10 years of expertise in delivering highly caring International Patients Assistance Services, you can completely rely on us in every step of your recovery. Our all International Patient Assistance Services are absolutely FREE!!! as World Health Expert India (WHXI) is an official associate of India’s Best Hospitals & Specialists.