Oral cancer is uncontrollable cancerous cells growth in the mouth. Oral cancer is life threatening if not diagnosed or treat early; it normally seen in mouth, lips, tongue, cheeks, palate section, pharynx (throat). In this category of cancer, the uncontrollable growth of cells, that is the key feature of any type of cancer is noticed in the oral section. This cancer may be the primary inception of what can turn into devastation. There is every possibility that the cancer may spread to the other parts of the body carried away by the blood streams. The oral cancer is the happening of the cancer in the oral cavity. There are many types of the oral cancers that are noticed in the medical field. But the major portion, round 90% of the cancer is the squamous cell carcinomas. This has the origin located in the lining of the mouth and lips. The places where the oral cancers can happen are listed below:
- The lips
- The giniva or the upper and lower gums
- Buccal mucosa which is the portion of the lining of the lips and the mouth
- The two third front portion of the tongue
- The floor under the tongue
- The roof of the mouth which is also known as the hard palate
- The small area behind the wisdom
The symptoms of oral cancer
There are many symptoms of the oral cancers located in the patients’ body. Though there is no certainty that these symptoms mean cancer, these may have been caused by some medical anomaly. Those are listed below-
- Sore in the portion of moth or the lips
- Red or white patch in the following portions of the mouth, tongue, gums, lining on the mouth
- Pain or the bleeding in the mouth
- Chronic bad breadth
- Feeling difficulty in oral activities like chewing, moving oral portions, swallowing etc.
- Toothache and loosening of teeth
- Fatigue, loss of appetite,
- Weight loss
This is one of the critical types of cancer and there are also many risk factors included in this disease. So, it should be kept in mind that it is a matter of utmost importance and care. But the main positive fact is that, this can be cured, based on the fact that it has been found in the early stage and there is still hope. There are many modern and advanced treatment options available in dealing with oral cancer in India at best cancer hospital in India specializes in oral cancer treatment. Those are detailed below for convenience.
- Radiation therapy: Radiation therapy is the commonly used method where high-beamed radiations are used with the help of radioactive pellets in order to kill and control the malignant tumor. Radiations for oral cancer includes two process:
- External radiation: In this high beam machine is used to kill the cancer cells.
- Internal radiation: This has been done by radioactive wires, needles and seeds inside the mouth near cancer affected area.
- Surgery: Surgery is the foremost method to remove malevolent tumor from the infected area. However, this therapy may be performed before and after radiations. This is often done in conjunction with radio and chemotherapy depends upon the stage of cancer.
- Chemotherapy: Anti cancerous drugs in the form of pills and intravascular injections are used in this treatment process that helps to shrink the tumor and destroying of the cancer cells by stopping their ability to grow. This is generally used with the radiation therapy for better result. This is called radio-chemotherapy. In the matter of the oral cancer, this procedure is mainly given to the patients as per the clinical trial. This can be used either as the neo-adjuvant therapy (cancer treatment before surgery is called neo-adjuvant therapy) or the adjuvant therapy.
- Immunotherapy: The main aim of this theraphy is to make the body’s defence system strong against cancer. In this the immune system is used to treat the oral cancer. However, there are 3 main groups of Immunotherapy used to treat oral cancer: Antibody therapy, cytokine and cell-based therapies etc.
Cost of Oral Cancer Treatment
The above Package Cost is a tentative Approximate Package Estimate, which includes initial investigations & specialists screening, stay in a Private Room wherein patient’s assistant or relative can also stay with patient, doctor / surgeon fee, nursing care, medicines & consumables, Airport Pick-Up & Drop.
In order to access, exact estimate of treatment package cost, do email us at email ID: email@example.com all your medical reports.
On receiving your medical reports, we will revert to you within 24 Hours with right estimate package after getting your medical reports examined by best team of doctors at best hospitals in India. We will also assist you in traveling part, which includes, airfare booking, medical visa invitation, airport pick-up and drop, hotel stay & visit for any sightseeing. With our 10 years of expertise in delivering highly caring International Patients Assistance Services, you can completely rely on us in every step of your recovery. Our all International Patient Assistance Services are absolutely FREE!!! as World Health Expert India (WHXI) is an official associate of India’s Best Hospitals & Specialists.