Dr Subash Gupta has been the pioneer of Liver Transplantation in the Indian subcontinent. It is largely due to his efforts through the last decade that this specialty has become well established in this part of the world. Liver Transplant today has given fresh lease of life to thousands of patients with liver disease as a result of his endeavors.
Dr Subash Gupta is accredited all over the world for his leading work in liver transplantation in the Indian subcontinent. Dr.Subash Gupta and his team has successfully conducted 300 Living Donor Liver Transplant in 2013 at Centre for Liver and Biliary sciences situated at Indraprastha Apollo Hospital,New delhi which makes them the Most busiest and only Centre of the World.This has meant that 600 major Liver Surgeries each lasting 12 to 16 hours were conducted in 2013. This is an Amazing exercise and every few Centres in the World have managed to complete as any number of Transplants in One Year.
- National Talent Scholarship: NCERT, Government of India, 1978
- Associate Professor, University of Queensland, Australia, 2008
- Professor of Liver Transplanatation, Institute of Post Graduate Medical Education and Research, Kolkata, 2010
- Delhi Medical Council, gold medal, 2005
- Rotary Club: Distinguished Clinician Award, 2011
- Delhi Medical Council: Vishist Chikitsak Rattan, 2012
- Nominee: central government, MGM Medical College