Heat Bypass Surgery is performed to create a bypass or a new route for the oxygen and blood to reach out the heart. In the same way minimally invasive heart bypass surgery is performed, without interrupting the function of the heart. So, it does not demand the use of electronic heart-lung machine to provide alternate function of the heart.
Heat Bypass Surgery or Coronary Artery BypassGgraft Surgery (CABG) is conducted to treat disease of coronary artery. Coronary Artery Disease is caused by fatty material deposited in the blood vessels, which are towards the heart and narrow them. So, oxygen-rich blood supply will be reduced to the heart.
Coronary Arteries of the Heart
Coronary arteries supply the blood that is oxygen and nutrient rich, to the myocardium in the heart and stay outside of the heart. When the coronary arteries become ineffective to supply adequate blood, causing the problem in the function of the heart.
Traditional Surgical Method
The blocked coronary is bypassed, through another blood vessel, a piece taken from legs, chest or wrist. The heart is stopped for some time, during which the bypass is performed and it needs the breastbone to be cut in half. A bypass machine is deployed to pump the blood during this period of stoppage of the heart.
Minimally Invasive Method
New and less invasive surgical methods are developed, where the heart continues to work. The examples of these methods are coronary artery bypass surgery, key-hole surgery, robotic procedures, endoscopic radial artery harvesting and endoscopic vein harvesting.
Coronary artery bypass surgery
Coronary artery bypass surgery is a minimally invasive method to treat the narrowing or blockage of the coronary arteries so that the blood supply will be restored in the heart muscle.
Need for the surgery
The symptoms that usually cause the surgery of the heart are, but not limited to:
- Shortness of breath
- Heart rhythms to be abnormal
- Chest pain
Risks Associated with
The following are the risks associated, but are not limited to:
- Breathing issues
- Heart stroke, attack or lung problems, due to blood clots
- Abnormal heart rhythms, causing cardiac arrhythmias or dysrhythmias
- Infection at the site of incision
Special conditions like expecting, pregnancy, lactating or breastfeeding, allergic, contrasts dyes, etc., should be notified to the doctors.
Before the Procedure
- Special conditions like pregnancy, expecting or lactating, allergies, bleeding disorders, or if you are in other medication, using pacemaker, smoking, etc., are to be notified to the doctor.
- You need to fast from 8 hours before the surgery.
- Doctor explains the procedure to you and you may ask any questions related to the procedure and surgery.
- You need to sign consent, giving permission for performing the procedure. You can ask any questions related, after reading the form.
- Doctor checks your medical history and then does the physical examination and ensures that you are of enough health to conduct the procedure.
- Some diagnostic tests, like blood tests, etc., will be performed.
- Based on your specific medical conditions, doctor may go for required specific preparation.
During the Procedure
Coronary artery bypass graft surgery procedure does vary from one doctor to another, however, the general and common practices in the procedure are,
- You are asked to take out your accessories or other jewelry and remove cloths and wear a gown.
- You need to clear and empty your bladder, before the procedure starts.
- An IV or intravenous line is kept on the hand and then catheter to the wrist and neck. These help out to take the blood samples, monitor the blood pressure and heart status. Alternate catheter may be required near collarbone for subclavian.
- After sedation is applied, a breathing tube is set in the throat for the lungs to get the oxygen. A ventilator will be arranged for breathe during the surgery. Your heart beat rate, level of blood oxygen and sugar, blood pressure and breathing are consistently monitored by your anesthesiologist.
- Another catheter is set to drain the urine from your bladder.
- The procedures starts with cleaning the surgical site with antiseptic solution, incisions are made to the legs or wrist to obtain a small vein for grafts.
- Then an incision is made above the naval and below the Adam’s apple on the chest.
- Then sternum or breastbone is separated as two halves for exposing the heart. Cardiopulmonary bypass machine is inserted to the heart for pumping the blood. Then heart is stopped by using a cold solution.
- Then bypass graft procedure is performed. Then the grafts are inserted they are checked to ensure that they are working.
- Then the machine will be removed to restart the function of the heart.
- Temporary wires are attached to the heart and pacemaker during the recovery initially, if case it is needed.
Heart Bypass Surgery in India for has significant advantage because of best heart doctors, surgeons, availability of cutting edge technology to deliver best outcome with least mortality rates in world. The expert bypass surgeons in India perform routinely highly complicated procedures where multiple arteries having 90% blockages with best results.
Everyone year thousands of International Patients from Afghanistan, Middle East to African countries (Nigeria, Kenya, Congo, Ghana, Tanzania and and others), Europe, United States, Australia, other Asian countries visit India for its expertise in performing cardiac procedure at lowest rates in the world for world class quality patient care. The cost of most of heart surgery in India is less than one tenth of cost of same procedure in United States, Europe and at least 30 to 34% lower than in any of Singapore, Malaysia, Thailand & other Asian Countries.
Cost of Minimally Invasive Heart Bypass Surgery
The above Package Cost is a tentative Approximate Package Estimate, which includes initial investigations & specialists screening, stay in a Private Room wherein patient’s assistant or relative can also stay with patient, doctor / surgeon fee, nursing care, medicines & consumables, Airport Pick-Up & Drop.
In order to access, exact estimate of treatment package cost, do email us at firstname.lastname@example.org all your medical reports.
On receiving your medical reports, we will revert to you within 24 Hours with right estimate package after getting your medical reports examined by best team of doctors at best hospitals in India. We will also assist you in traveling part, which includes, airfare booking, medical visa invitation, airport pick-up and drop, hotel stay & visit for any sightseeing. With our 10 years of expertise in delivering highly caring International Patients Assistance Services, you can completely rely on us in every step of your recovery. Our all International Patient Assistance Services are absolutely FREE!!! as World Health Expert India (WHXI) is an official associate of India’s Best Hospitals & Specialists.