Hernia is considered to be protrusion of fascia or an organ or the organ itself through the cavity wall that usually contains it. An abnormal wall opening is the way the protrusion, in which the cavity is contained. Hernia will become irreducible, in case its contents are not been able to get back to the abdomen and also strangulated. This condition is resulted, when there is comprising condition of the blood supply is occurred.
Hernias are different kinds, for which the treatment and management would be different.
Hernia classification, according to the gangrene risk is,
- Incisional Hernia
- Femoral Hernia
- Umbilical Hernia
- Inguinal Hernia
- Epigastric Hernia
Signs and Symptoms of Hernia
Hernia has different signs and symptoms, usually vary according to its type. Some kinds of hernia like inguinal hernias may not show any symptoms.
- Hernia can show the symptoms either with pain or without pain.
- A palpable or visible lump
- In vague conditions, an organ may stuck in the hernia and result in pressure on the same.
- Associated bulge of hernia may come and go
- Reducible hernia show the symptom of bulge present in any abdominal area or groin, which can be felt and seen
- Bulge may become obvious, while in standing position
- Dragging or heavy sensation
- Swelling around the area in the men
- Irreducible abdominal hernia may result to pain
- Fever, vomiting or nausea
- Sometimes bowel obstruction
Causes of Hernia
Causes of hernia do dependant on various factors and do vary from individual to another. However, the frequent and mechanical causes are,
- Incorrect posture
- Hard coughing bouts
- Heavy weight lifting to be improper
- Sharp blows towards the abdomen
- Other causes that usually cause pressure increase on the cavity of abdomen are, obesity, chronic lung disease, straining urination, straining bowel movements and fluids present in the cavity of the abdomen.
- Muscle weakness caused from smoking, overexertion or poor nutrition
Diagnosis of Hernia
Diagnosis of the hernia is done through imaging. Internal diaphragmatic and unsuspected ro nonpalpable hernias can be detected. Hernia sac can be shown with clear anatomic site, through MDCT or Multidetector CT.
Laparoscopic Hernia Surgery
Correction of hernia can be done through the surgery. The weakened tissue will get supported by a common product called mesh. Chronic groin pain can be controlled, when the surgery is performed through laparoscopy, which is a minimally invasive surgical procedure.
The meshes used in the surgery are of different kinds.
- Absorbable Hernia Mesh
- Multilayered Mesh
These hernia mesh products are made of the absorbent material and of lightweight. The surrounding tissues absorb this material. After the surgery is performed, the flexible mesh allows the wall of the abdomen to adjust and move naturally.
Surgeons usually choose the multilayered mesh for a laparoscopic ventral hernia repair and make it tension-free.
Advantages of Laparoscopic Hernia Surgery
- Openings need to be made are very tiny, of about the diameter of ¼ to ½ inch. It is much lesser than the diameter of 3 to 5 inches of incision made in the traditional approaches.
- Faster healing
- The result would be much better, when the cover is made with mesh patch to the abdominal defect in the inside wall, rather than the outside wall.
- The repair can be well secured, when the inner patch is done, because of the natural pressure through outward from the abdomen.
- Can resume to the regular and normal activities that can be from just two days of recovery time to over 5 weeks maximum.
Cost of Laparoscopic Hernia Surgery
The above Package Cost is a tentative Approximate Package Estimate, which includes initial investigations & specialists screening, stay in a Private Room wherein patient’s assistant or relative can also stay with patient, doctor / surgeon fee, nursing care, medicines & consumables, Airport Pick-Up & Drop.
In order to access, exact estimate of treatment package cost, do email us at firstname.lastname@example.org all your medical reports.
On receiving your medical reports, we will revert to you within 24 Hours with right estimate package after getting your medical reports examined by best team of doctors at best hospitals in India. We will also assist you in traveling part, which includes, airfare booking, medical visa invitation, airport pick-up and drop, hotel stay & visit for any sightseeing. With our 10 years of expertise in delivering highly caring International Patients Assistance Services, you can completely rely on us in every step of your recovery. Our all International Patient Assistance Services are absolutely FREE!!! as World Health Expert India (WHXI) is an official associate of India’s Best Hospitals & Specialists.