Cyber-Knife Radio Surgery is the world’s greatly advanced technology for treatment of tumors with high precision and accuracy only limited to the tumor, sparing the peripheral healthy tissue. It is a new hope to those patients who have surgically complex or inoperable tumors, or those looking for a non surgical method. We have assisted hundreds of International patients to avail Cyber Knife Radiosurgery at Best Cancer Hospitals in Delhi, India.
Cyber Knife is currently most advanced technology to treat tumors with great precision and accuracy and deliver laser treatment to the tumor alone without harming surrounding healthy tissue. Cyber-Knife RadioSurgery in Delhi, India is a high-energy radiation non-invasive treatment that conveys precise radiation beams from various angles out of the body. The Cyber-Knife is so accurate and précised that radiations get matched with the shape of complex small tumors and even those positioned near critical organs. This advanced technology allows the surgeons to treat various lesions including also those that are nearly untreatable with surgery or inoperable.
How does CyberKnife RadioSurgery work?
CyberKnife System in Delhi, India uses image-guidance software to trail and continually adjust treatment for any tumor movements for any patient. It facilitates the patients to breathe normally and comfortable relax during the treatment. The CyberKnife unifies two highly advanced technologies:
- An image-guidance system that tracks and verifies the location of tumor and enables automatic counterbalancing for patient’s movement during the procedure. This setup automatically eliminates the requirement of invasive head frames.
- A multi-joined robotic arm with six dimensions of freedom providing unique management in targeting the tumors. A high-energy X-ray source mounted on the robotic arm indicates the position of tumor in the body and conveys précised radiation from more than 1200 angles with an accuracy of sub-millimeter.
Benefits of CyberKnife RadioSurgery in India over other Stereotactic RadioSurgery systems:
- Some modalities of radiosurgery require screwing of rigid head-frames into the patient’s skull to restrict the movement.
- Some radiosurgeries are capable of treating only some types of brain tumors
CyberKnife Radio Surgery in Delhi, India:
- This procedure does not require such complicated procedures to keep patients in place; instead it depends on sophisticated tracking software to offer convenience to patients while non-invasive treatment is being offered.
- It has diverse reach to treat wide range of tumors throughout the entire body.
- It is capable of locating tumors within the entire body without the use of head-frames which offers fewer traumas to patients.
What types of cancers CyberKnife RadioSurgery can treat?
- Acoustic Neuroma
- Brain Metastases
- Pituitary Adenoma
- Skull Base Tumors
- Metastases to Spine and Bone
- Medically Inoperable Diseases
- Radio-Resistant Tumors
- Tumors adjacent to critical structures
- Lungs and Pulmonary Tumors:
The most advanced SuperDimension Bronchus System integrated with the CyberKnife VSI imaging setup allows scanning of the lung abnormalities which are displayed on the X-Rays and CT-scans. Thus, it allows diagnosis of lungs and pulmonary tumors in their early stages which improve the rate of success in healing them.
- Kidney Cancer:
The CyberKnife VSI system provides unexampled rate of accuracy by allowing treatment of tumors with the movement of this system in coordination with the body movements such as respiration. Thus, précised dose of treatment is delivered to the cancer-affected renal-cells in the kidney. As a result, both; the normal and cancerous tissues are irradiated.
- Prostate Cancer and Tumors:
CyberKnife VSI delivers an exact dose of treatment to the tumor with an accuracy of sub-millimeter and minimal exposure to the healthy tissue. As a result, inoperable diseases can be treated shrinking the tumors. Additionally, patients also do not suffer much pain that too for a very short period with hardly any side effects so that patients can resume their normal activities as quickly as possible.
- Pancreas Cancer:
Because of the presence of the pancreas tumor near the stomach, small intestine, duodenum, liver, it is quite challenging to deliver appropriate dose of treatment to the tumor in pancreas gland. But with the use of CyberKnife VSI technology, precise amount of dose of radiotherapy is delivered with great accuracy.
- Liver Cancer:
Traditional radiotherapies have a very limited role in treating hepatobiliary lesions. But by using the advanced CyberKnife radiotherapy, it is possible to treat all types of lesions and tumors in the liver and the patients have benefited highly from this latest technology of treatment.
- Breast Cancer:
Inoperable patients suffering from breast cancers can be treated with the advanced CyberKnife VSI technology and even shrink the tumors. With this advanced technology, very convenient treatment schedules, with greater accuracy and less toxicity risks can be offered.