Prostate laser surgery TURP or Transurethral Resection of the Prostate is the surgery performed for the removal of partial or whole portion of the enlarged prostate gland. It is treated as the second most common surgery performed for male candidates, who have over age 65. Laser TURP is treated to be the gold standard, among the treatments available for the BPH or Benign Prostate Hyperplasia. BPH is usually found in the men of old age, for whom the prostate gland is enlarged.
The procedure is conducted under general or spinal anesthesia. Endoscope is used to visualize the glands. A resectoscope is inserted into the penis. The partial or the entire part of the prostate gland will be removed through the urethra. The tissue that has to be cut is routed to the bladder, through fluid. And the tissues will be washed out from the bladder. It takes around one half hours.
Patients can be discharged from the hospital in 3 to 5 days. Recovery will better and faster, when the patient consumes more and more fluids. At the same time any of the strenuous activities are to be avoided for at least 6 weeks of duration, and it should be til the scar gets healed.
Advantages of TURP
- The surgery leads no blood loss
- Success rate is high, that over 88% of the patients feel reduction of the symptoms.
- Improvement is experienced by many of the patients, in terms of better flow of urine, even right after the catheter is taken out.
- It helps the patients to get relief, from the renal dysfunction, where the tendency to profuse bleeding is seen.
- It relieves from the problems of the patients, who have the size of the gland to be more 60 gm
- It is also safe and good for the patients, who have hypertension, diabetes and increased risk for anesthesia
- The surgery is found useful for the patients, who underwent surgery for joint replacement.
Advantages of Laser TURP over the conventional TURP
- When decided to perform the conventional TURP, blood thinning agents are considered to be terminated before a week or 10 days of duration of the surgery. It is done to reduce the risks of heart towards the second attack. It is not a concern for the laser TURP.
- Laser TURP makes use of diode, which has the ability to vaporize the mass of 3 to 4 grams per minute. During the surgery, irrigation is given by the normal saline. The normal saline absorption won’t lead to TURP syndromes. So, the surgery with even more than 100 grams of prostate glands too can be well managed with the help of laser energy. But with the conventional TURP procedure, only 1 gram can be removed for one minute. So, if the size of the gland is found to be more than 60 grams, the conducting endoscopic procedure will become open procedure.
- As the open procedure in conventional TURP is needed to be performed, the blood loss will be much more. So, it requires the blood in larger amounts. The primary advantage of the laser TURP is that, the procedure is performed with no blood loss.
- Conventional TURP surgical procedure is slow and unsafe, as it utilizes the electrical energy. But the laser TURP is faster and safer usually.
- Because of the above complications of the conventional TURP procedures, it is not considered to be an ideal surgical procedure, especially, for the prostate glands that are big in size. But laser TURP is the most popular and preferred procedure by both doctors and patients.
TURP has unique complications, as the large volumes are involved in the irrigation of the fluid is used for the endoscopic resection.
Cost of Prostate Laser Surgery TURP
The above Package Cost is a tentative Approximate Package Estimate, which includes initial investigations & specialists screening, stay in a Private Room wherein patient’s assistant or relative can also stay with patient, doctor / surgeon fee, nursing care, medicines & consumables, Airport Pick-Up & Drop.
In order to access, exact estimate of treatment package cost, do email us at email@example.com all your medical reports.
On receiving your medical reports, we will revert to you within 24 Hours with right estimate package after getting your medical reports examined by best team of doctors at best hospitals in India. We will also assist you in traveling part, which includes, airfare booking, medical visa invitation, airport pick-up and drop, hotel stay & visit for any sightseeing. With our 10 years of expertise in delivering highly caring International Patients Assistance Services, you can completely rely on us in every step of your recovery. Our all International Patient Assistance Services are absolutely FREE!!! as World Health Expert India (WHXI) is an official associate of India’s Best Hospitals & Specialists.